Sunday, January 3, 2010

What We Didn't Do in San Francisco...



Last Tuesday
the kids and I
took a little jaunt to
San Francisco
with my mom,
my cousin Debbie
and her two adorable girls.

We were going to ride the trolley cars,
until we found out they were $5 a person-
ONE WAY!
Pleeeeaaasssse...
We've got better things to do with our money,
AND we know how to walk!

So we walked down by the wharf
and did some shopping.
Did I say shop?
I guess we didn't technically do that either.
{Trying things on was way more fun!}.

Then it was time for lunch,
but we didn't go here.
Why would we spend a fortune
to eat in the rainforest
when In-n-Out
was right around the corner?
(And 1/4 of the price!)

Then we saw these cuties.
How fun would that be?
Not $70 an hour fun, I'll tell you that much!

{I guess the trolley wasn't so expensive after all!}


After getting lost about ten times
we finally made it to Chinatown
so we could tour this place.
Oops.
Didn't do that either.
They wouldn't let us in... said it was "too hot inside."
Whatever.
So we did some more shopping,
but still no buying.
These glasses were fun,
but the store made us
claustrophobic
and we had to get out!


Oh, yeah-
The trip did have a purpose...


taking a gander at this loveliest of all Christmas trees.
Thanks for having us, Sandra!


For all that we didn't do, we sure did have a lot of fun! When we finally got home, I was exhausted! {All that driving wore me out!} So I decided to take my fortune cookie's advice...


I came home,
crawled in bed
and read Princess Academy
{have you read it?}

and then the next day I read
Book of a Thousand Days.
I highly reccommend them.
{And I think you should start
with Goose Girl - my favorite!}

I love vacation!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

San Francisco is like that. You can walk from place to place and not buy a single thing. Glad you had a good time! The Fortune Cookie Factory isn't that great anyways. Just go to Panda Express and pick some up and its about the same.

The Eccles said...

That was a fun trip! Tyler and I are going to the city for our Anniversary next month...we met at Alcatraz, so we though we would re-live that.

Marcy said...

We just went to SF too and were way disappointed that the trolley was SO MUCH! Rediculus! We told the kids that we would ride light rail to downtown sacramento some other time instead.

JoLee said...

I'm so glad you discovered Shannon Hale. She is one of my favorite authors, and I love all her books. I hope you love them too.