Monday, May 11, 2009

Simple Gifts and Battle Scars

I love Mother's Day. I know a lot of people hate it, and so I always try to keep my expectations very low...this way I am always pleasantly surprised! Brad had an early morning meeting, so I gently reminded Adam about our breakfast in bed tradition, and he and Matt brought me a yummy blueberry bagel with some strawberries on the side. Delish! And, as always, there were sweet gifts - new flowers for the front porch and some sweet smelling lotion. What's not to love?? But I must admit that every year my favorite gifts are the simple ones, like this little book Camille made at school about the many hats I wear...

And on the way to Grandma's house, Adam crafted this cute little mailbox out of some paper he'd brought along. All through the drive I got mail - several sweet little notes from each the kids. Talk about your special deliveries...

I'm hoping your Mother's Day was sweet as well - full of the simple things that make life so grand!
And speaking of grand... take a look at these scars! Looks like he's really been through it (and he has!!), but he's doing fabulously. Thanks so much for all your prayers and love!


Happy Day!

7 comments:

The Eccles said...

Happy Mother's Day Melissa, you are such an awesome Mom!

Serendipity said...

So glad to see your dad is doing well!

Mother's Day homemade treasures are the best!

Serendipity said...

Happy Mother's Day...to one of my favorite moms!

Tami said...

Happy Mother's Day, Melissa. Looks like your family took good care of you. Much love!

Katie C said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm so happy that your Dad is doing better.

Tiffani said...

Melissa, so fun to catch up with you in the blogosphere! Your family is darling. Adam has the priesthood now...what!?! How is that possible? (I guess the same way Mallory will be a beehive this summer.) Time flies. I'll keep your dad in my prayers. Mark's dad has Parkinson's as well and it is hard to see him struggle. Keep in touch!

Christy said...

How fun! I love the little mailbox with letters coming to you while you drive. How sweet and adorable.

Those scars are VERY impressive. I am glad to hear everything is going so well for him!

Happy Mother's Day!