Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Little Ballerina


Camille belongs to a little dance group that meets in the garage of a lady who's been teaching dance for 50 years! Actually, the daughter is the main teacher now, but "Mimi" still gets plenty involved. They meet once a week for an hour and they do ballet, tap, and a little bit of tumbling. It's very low key, but they do have a recital every year which Camille loves. This year there were only four girls in her class (we missed you Hanna!), so they learned a lot and had tons of fun. They called their ballet the "Purple Tango" because the girls couldn't find any blue dresses that they liked!



Here's a picutre of her in her tap outfit. They danced to "Cheek to Cheek" and they were absolutely adorable. I'd post the video for you, but I accidentally taped over it! Being technologically challenged is a very sad thing... (the bad pictures aren't my fault though!)

6 comments:

Geneva said...

We missed you this year too Camille! Hanna's says she's done with dance...I think it wasn't the same without her best friend. Her recital is this Friday. We'll post a picture of her costume for Camille to see. As for next year she's thinking about gymnastics. p.s. liked the "quirky" comment. oh and Matthew, what a great kid!

Anonymous said...

Wow Camille is growing up so fast. She looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for recitals. I love the costumes. Keep dancing, Camille.

Unknown said...

You are just so cute Camille. Can't believe you are growing so fast. Congratulations on your baptism too. I get to go every month to the baptisms for our ward here and it is such a special time. Melissa, I am so glad you found me. Susan just found me too from Amanda's blog. I just think it is wonderful to be able to still feel close to friends who are far with these blogs. Keep in touch. Love, Maelynn

Viking CrossFit said...

I had no idea that Camille was such a dancer. She looks beautiful.

Viking CrossFit said...

Melissa, that last comment was from me...Katie Chase. Sorry, I was logged in under a different account. Didn't want you to think I was some kind of blog stalker. (Even though I really am.)