For better or worse, Little League Baseball is an organization run by volunteers. Unfortunately, Adam had three coaches this season who had never coached before. As a result their team had a record of 1 win and 19 losses. Some people might consider that a "losing" season. Fortunately for us, there was a lesson to be learned that was worth those 19 losses. Here's the story - Adam struggled a bit at the plate all season. The constant criticism was a bit much for his little ego and did nothing to inspire him to greatness. Near the end of the season as I was sitting on the edge of his bed I told him that I didn't care if his coaches believed in him or not. The important thing was that his Dad and I believed in him and we thought he was a great ball player! And lo and behold - he started playing like a great ball player! His batting average shot up and he started having a "winning" season. Lesson learned. Children who have parents who believe in them - and tell them that they believe in them - will accomplish great things!
6 years ago
3 comments:
Will you come sit on the end of my bed and tell me I'm a good mom and that you believe in me no matter what my kids and husband think? Maybe my yelling average would go down!!
I agree with geneva, I need you too. What a great story. Remind me to do cool things like that when my kids get older. I love the action shot of Adam!
Yea, Adam! We can't wait to see you next month!
Post a Comment