Wednesday, July 29, 2009

3 Days of Heaven

Camille came home from Utah
to the best surprise
in her whole life...
Hanna!
Geneva and all the kids
popped into town for a few days,
and we met them for an afternoon
at Fairytale town,
where Camille and Hanna posed
in their favorite spots.

It was a glorious day,
but it would only get better.
Geneva said Hanna
could just live with us
all 3 days!
Glory, Glory, Hallelujiah!!!

They jumped, pet shopped, imagined, crafted,
splashed, had late night movie parties
(American Girls rock!)
and played, played, played.
Not once
did I hear the dreaded
"we're bored!"
In fact,
I hardly even saw them.

As I was tucking Camille into bed
the night they left,
we talked about how heavenly it had been
to have her here.
And then,
(Silly Me!)
I said, "I know you miss her!"
Tears.
Gushing tears.
Twenty minutes of
body heaving tears.
How sad it is to have
such a lovely friend
move away.

We miss you so much, Hanna!

1 comment:

Geneva said...

Hanna had such a fun visit to California! Something about those two girls. They just have so much fun together. Thank you for letting her tag along for everything....and be adopted for a few days. She will cherish these memories and their friendship for years! Thanks for being such a great friend Camille! Its easy to learn how when you have such a great mom to look up to. This sweet post broke my little heart!