Sunday, August 31, 2008

The End of an Era

I was called to serve in the Primary in 1996 (when Matthew was still in the Nursery), and I have been there ever since. It has been such a fun ride, but today the ride came to a screeching halt. Today was my first day in Young Womens. We talked about homosexuals. It is a brave, new world that I feel totally unprepared for. Wish me luck!!

8 comments:

The Eccles said...

I love YW's...I have been in there for 4 years. It will be helpful to know the workings of the teenage mind. I love how open and honest the girls are with their leaders...they need you in there, and you will be Fabulous!!!! Good Luck...what group are you working in? I had mia-maids & laurels. When I was 1st married I was working w/beehives, I was 18 years old, and one of the laurels was my sister's good friend that I hung out with...weird!?

Unknown said...

oh, good luck, primary has been my safe zone too for almost 8 years. I would be sad to move but I think YW would be soooo much fun.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Aaaaaaaaaaah! We talked about pornography today in church. Great world we live in, huh?

Geneva said...

We had a morality lesson in YW's today....but seriously I love YW. My girls are amazing and teach me things all the time. What position did you get called too? I wish you were working with me, I need you!!

Tami said...

You will be a great YW adviser. I'm looking forward to some great stories. Those girls will come to adore you.

CJensen said...

You will be wonderful in YW!

Serendipity said...

Good luck with that!

So fun that you ran into Cheri...and last summer too...amazing! We need a reunion!

Linda said...

What position are you working in? The blog sure is cute lately. Love the entries about your Utah trip.