

While the kids were in school today, I went out and got these apples for their teachers from the See's candy store. I speak from personal experience when I say that every teacher deserves a good dose of chocolate for surviving the first day !
For FHE tonight, Brad gave the kids their back to school blessings. I'm so grateful to have a wonderful husband who honors the Priesthood and uses it to bless the lives of his children (and his wife!). He acknowledged Matthew's dedication to God and his loyalty to his friends, and he blessed him with a desire to learn about the great many things Jesus Christ has done for mankind as he studies the New Testament in Seminary this year. He talked about Adam's great capacity to love others and blessed him that as he enters this time of great physical, spiritual and metal growth that he will find the answers to the questions he has from his parents, the Lord, and the scriptures. He spoke of Camille's goodness and her desire to continually learn more about her Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He blessed her that as her testimony grows she will use it to be an example to and teach her many friends.
After Family Home Evening, the kids all had ice cream sundaes to celebrate the big day!

Sounds like a great day, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it wasn't really. Everything was going along swimmingly until Adam and Camille explained to me on the way home from school that their music teacher has a new name. She used to be called Miss Clark, but now they have to call her/him Mr. Clark. Didn't think I was going to be having this conversation with my 8 year old. Heaven help us...

5 comments:
so sorry to hear that. I agree with you every bit. so nice to have the priesthood in your home, what wonderful blessings.
Marlina called and told me the "Mr." Clark thing. She should have been made to switch schools or asked nicely. Maybe she was and refused. People who teach children SHOULD be held to a higher moral standard. It would be nice if that was how it worked huh??
Wow! I didn't see that one coming. Quite a different world than us old-timers grew up in. At least they like their other teachers. Congratulations to you guys on surviving the first day!
WOW! We were talking to our kids about things they will deal with in school...it's just too bad!
P.s. I love the ice cream glasses.
Wow I wouldn't have expected the teacher thing to happen. Maybe in SF but not Vacaville. Well hopefully the kids manage well with the change. Good luck!
Post a Comment