Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Don't you love how you do things once
and all of a sudden they are a tradition?
Last year Valentine's Day was on a Sunday,
so I served crumb cake and fruit for a yummy breakfast
to go along with their Valentine's books.
Then last week we were driving in the car
and one of the kids said...
"I can't wait for Valentine's Day
so we can have that yummy breakfast again!"
And a tradition was born.
I love that it's never too late
to add another favorite family memory!

Since Matthew "doesn't read" I picked up a Wii game
that he's been begging us to get
(it didn't hurt that I wanted it myself
for a little change of pace in my exercise routine!),
and may I just say--
best entertainment portion of FHE ever!!!
We laughed until we cried.

And look what Brad surprised me with!
We don't usually do the flower thing,
but it was a really fun treat!
(Isn't he a great guy!)
Hope your Valentine's Day was wonderful as well...

2 comments:

The Eccles said...

Love it Melissa, happy Valentine's day to you!

Stephen and Debbie said...

What a fun day!!! It looks like everyone had a great day!