Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Last Weeks of Christmas

Day Twenty-Three...


Decided to take President Monson's advice
this Christmas,
so we made some treat buckets...


gathered up these darling girls...

and these handsome boys...

took these cuties with us...

and went caroling to some of our
favorite older friends.
Such fun-
especially the visiting
and hot cocoa afterwards.
We have such a great ward family!
Day Twenty-Two...

Another crazy day for Mom.
All the Young Women
coming over tonight.
Must be time for another
do-it-yourself craft!
Day Twenty-One...
Watched a new movie.
Found out we don't love watching
movies of plays.
Day Twenty...

My mom got these fun puppets
for Christmas this year,
so we had a great puppet show about
the First Christmas.
Loved it!


Day Nineteen...
We've collected lots of Christmas books
over the years,
and we used to read one a day -
but the kids are WAY too busy for that these days.
So, we just pick a couple of afternoons
and sit down with a few of our favorites,
including these...

Day Eighteen...
Sorry-
Can't show you any pictures...
(otherwise it wouldn't be a secret!)
Day Seventeen...

There's a stree in Vacaville
called Candy Cane Lane
where the people are all crazy
about decorating for Christmas
and every house looks something like this...

It's one of our favorite things we do every year.

Seriously, who wouldn't love all this?
Day Sixteen...

I've given up all hope
with the boys,
but I'm determined that Camille
will learn how to wrap a decent gift.
I try to make it fun for her
so she won't hate it-
here's today's effort...
Day Fifteen...

It's a busy Tuesday afternoon -
I've got Young Women's tongight
and I've got to have a bunch of cookies made-
but I knew certain children
would be looking forward
to their daily Christmas activity.
Luckily I had something
they could do all on their own...
Isn't it darling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! We love and miss you guys! It has been so much fun watching all the tradtions you have for Christmas! SO FUN!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

What's the deal with the snowman craft? I want to know how you did it exactly. My kids would love that next year. I loved reading all your "days". I'm totally doing this next year (if I can get my act together). Also, when I read the title of "The Christmas Story Puppet Show" I fully expected to see puppets of Ralphie, the leg lamp, etc! Although that is an awesome idea...I'm glad that they were of the "True Christmas Story". MERRY CHRISTMAS STEPHENS FAMILY!