Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009 Top Ten

Christmas was Fun and Fabulous
again this year.
(Isn't it always??)
Here's our family's Top Ten
for Christmas 2009!
#10 - Family Traditions

Every year
on Christmas Eve
we have a little program.
It's one of many fun traditions
on an evening
that warms my heart.

#9 - Some Amazing Ornaments

Every year
the kids get a couple of ornaments
that are picked
especially for them.
Camille LOVED hers this year!

# 8 - The Best Stockings Ever!!

On Christmas Eve
everyone brings goodies
for everyone else's stockings
(not to be confused with
the stockings Santa fills at home!).
This year just happened to be
OUT OF CONTROL
(in a good way, of course)
and there were so many goodies
that all the kids got a stocking
AND a grocery bag
full of wonders.
Fun stuff like these...
bug eye glasses
that mimic a real bug's sight!


#7 - Some Serious Family Fun

My favorite presents are always the ones
that encourage the kids to play together.
This year was no exception -
we'll be continuing to have
some totally fantastic
Nerf gun wars around here!

#6 - More Family Fun

Lately the kids have been having fun
with their scooters -
but Camille didn't have one.
The boys are great at sharing,
but sometimes they ALL
want to play together (yippee!).
Now they can.


#5 - My Smart Girl

How fun is it that Camille
wanted a microscope for Christmas?
I love that girl!

#4 - A Boy and His Dad

Anyone who knows Brad
knows how thrilled he was
when Adam wanted some of these
this year.
Like father, like son?
We hope so!

#3 - A Genuine Smile

The most fun this year
was surprising Matt
with a gift we KNEW he would love,
but would never DARE ask for!
This is one of the truest smiles
that has crossed these lips
since the teenage years began!

#2 - Multi-generational Fun

I love this shot that Brad got
while I wasn't looking.
One generation helping another
figure out their identical Christmas presents.
Priceless.

And the #1 Best Thing About Christmas This Year -
Our Family!




I love these people.
What more can I say?

I hope you and your loved ones
had a very merry Christmas as well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wish we could be there! What a great Christmas you all had! I love all the pictures! Wish we were there with you guys!

Katie C said...

I love your countdown. It looked like their were plenty of genuine smiles on that day. How fun! But, I have to ask....WHAT is Camille's ornament?!?!?

Katie C said...

I hate when I spell things wrong in a comment....I meant "there were plenty". =)

The Eccles said...

Melissa, that was a great post!!!!!! Happy New year!

cbo said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas!