I love having kids that are busy doing something, so when the Robotics teacher at the high school told me that he signed Matthew up for his class, I thought it was great! But then Matthew came home from school on the first day and said, and I quote, "Mom - they're all nerds and they're happy about it!" So, since aligning yourself with the nerds is one of the seven deadly sins of high school, I let him drop the class - on the condition that he find something else to do. So, he tried out for the soccer team. You must know that Matthew quit playing soccer somewhere around the 5th grade, and there aren't any freshman sports at our high school, so he was going to have to try out for the JV team. Would he make it? NO - he didn't make the JV team because there wasn't a JV team - so he's on the Varsity soccer team. What??? Anyway, it's been so much fun! He's learned and grown so much, and I'm really proud of him. The coach has been wonderful and lets him play part of every game - sometimes even 20-30 minutes. Today was their last home game (they won!) and even though I'm going to be glad to have one less thing on the schedule, I'm going to miss this!


2 comments:
That is awesome! Varsity!? He is a stud!
What a great school and good coach. He must be so excited to be on varsity. Does he get a varsity letter and everything? Do they still do that? Congrats!
Post a Comment