Monday, July 21, 2008

Camille's Trojan Horse

Camille spent most of Saturday afternoon holed up in her room with some cardstock, markers, tape and a pair of scissors. When she came out, she had this fabulous horse! We created a mane together, and a masterpiece was unfurled. This thing was huge, and I told her it looked like a trojan horse. Of course that comment led to an internet search, a mini history lesson and another hour of play as she surprised people with what she could fit into the horse's belly! I love her creative spirit and the way she's learned to entertain herself when the boys are busy doing things she's not interested in.




7 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

What a creative girl! I hope that one day my kids can entertain themselves too.

Oh, and congrats on ending year-round schedule. It's sounds like it will be a great thing for your family.

The Eccles said...

WOW! I am impressed, I don't think it would be that cute if I did it. You know, she gets it from her Momma, Melissa you are SO crafty and creative. I still treasure my "snowman" you helped me make at super Saturday.

Marcy said...

Wow! That is amazing, I can't believe she did that on her own without a pattern. It's beautiful!
Marcy

Unknown said...

that is awesome. I sure couldn't make a horse that looked that good.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Love the new background!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cousin Lisa! I was so excited to see I got a post from you. I sure do miss living in California cuz I miss out on all the fun extended family things! Thank heavens for blogs, right?

I must say Camille is quite the little artist. I still can't color inside the lines. How sad is that? LOL It looks like you have a wonderful little family and I'm glad you sent me a message so I can stalk you guys! Take care!

Linda said...

This is my first post. I'm impressed with how creative you are Camille! Thanks for your comment to Nicole, I messed up the slideshow and I had to reload it on our website, which meant I lost your comment. I will make sure I tell Nicole.
Linda